An opportunity to learn “how to” do actionable aspects related to DevOps and digital transformation
Industry specialists suggest that there is a need to elevate human transformation to the forefront of the industry and enable critical skills advancements. Industry learning and skills advancement programs help employees achieve their educational and career goals. DevOps Institute- a member-based association dedicated to advancing the human elements of DevOps, has declared December 10 as ‘Global SKILup Day’. A day dedicated to getting upskilled, based on the S-K-I-L Framework: Skills, Knowledge, Ideas, and Learning.
The world’s first annual Global SKILup Day will cover 18 hours of open and continuous virtual learning based on unique and actionable “how-to” sessions. The event will be streamed across different time zones and geographies to accommodate the global DevOps community.
What brings Global SKILup Day?
Global SKILup Day buildup with the pillars of DevOps Institute’s SKIL framework that engages the heart, mind, body, and soul of the DevOps practitioners by a holistic approach to Skills, Knowledge, Ideas and Learning. The Global SKILup Day reflects the spirit of the SKIL framework by including presentations that focus on human, process and automation know-how.
Global SKILup Day is a unique opportunity for different workforces to come together as a global DevOps community, work together to bridge the skills gaps identified in the Upskilling: Enterprise DevOps Skills Report, and inspire IT professionals for the lifelong learning experience and career success.
DevOps Institute selected December 10 as Global SKILup Day as a day for the Humans of DevOps to both end the calendar effectively and to start the New Year fresh with new skills and knowledge.
Influencers answering ”how-to”
The first annual Global SKILup Day features a globally available online event aimed at increasing domain expertise and empowering a highly skilled DevOps community. Through expert ‘how-to‘ session many DevOps professionals from the DevOps, Agile, ITSM, Cloud and SRE communities will share actionable knowledge around the IT world.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Helen Beal, DevOpsologist at Ranger4 – Europe
- Dominica DeGrandis,Director of Digital Transformation at Tasktop – Americas
- Damon Edwards, Co-Founder, and Chief Product Officer at Rundeck – Americas
- Karen Ferris, DevOps Culturalist – APAC
- Mirco Hering, Global DevOps Practice Lead at Accenture – APAC
- Gene Kim, Founder of IT Revolution, Author of the upcoming book The Unicorn Projectand co-author of The Phoenix Project, The DevOps Handbook and Accelerate – Americas
- Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk – Americas
- Jennifer Petoff, Global Program Manager – SRE Education – Site Reliability Engineering at Google – Europe
- Sanjeev Sharma, Vice President, Global Practice Director – Data Modernization and Strategy at Delphix – Americas
- John Willis, Founder at Botchagalupe Technologies – Americas
DevOps requests to share the message, calling all #HumansofDevOps! @DEVOPSINST declared Dec. 10- a Global SKILup Day. Interested people can save their virtual seat today for all-day access to non-stop continuous learning: #Upskilling #GetSkilled