The part-time program offers coding training around professional networksPromising to train students to become a web developer in 24 hours, a collaboration formed between Trilogy Education and Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering. Prepared toward adult learners and working professionals, the Coding Boot Camp at Johns Hopkins Engineering geared to teach the front-end and back-end skills, which are necessary to become a proficient full stack developer.Featuring as a part-time program for 24 weeks, the initiative is set to begin on September 24, 2019. Followed by two three-hour evening classes on weekdays and a four-hour class on Saturdays, the coding camp aims to benefit students beyond graduation.
Empowering students to make coding professionalsThere are demands for technology skills skyrockets as the national unemployment rate dropped to its lowest point in years. The scenario brings Baltimore hungry for hiring job-ready tech talents.Dan Sommer, CEO, and founder of TrilogyEducation said, “Companies across the region need to fill more technical roles than they can find talent for. The Coding Boot Camp at Johns Hopkins Engineering will encourage businesses to invest in the region by empowering more local professionals to make the transition into tech.”The Coding Boot Camp at Johns Hopkins Engineering addressing students and learning flexibility offers a market-driven coding and career curriculum taught by industry professionals that will help participants to build the competence and confidence to succeed in the technology industry. The camp is designed to help participants develop the skills and professional network, as it supports through the following:
- The students/participants will learn a full-stack, including front-end and back-end developer skills.
- Students will gain access to a tutor network to get help from both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students will get benefited by receiving career-planning assistance from Trilogy Education Services, including Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, and more.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks–quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
Career portfolio for successful participants
- Students will benefit from a Project Demo Day-a quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Students can continue one-on-one career coaching with profound post-program completion.
- A Certificate of Completion signifying accomplishments will be provided.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.