Painting is one of the most captivating forms of self-expression that gives you a vast canvas to portray your creativity. Any kind of art you like or paint, says a lot about how you are as a person. We picked these 15 quotes about paintings of renowned artists who have showcased their work to the whole world to help you channel your artistic side.
- “I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image… because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through.” – Jackson Pollock.
- “A hill or tree cannot make a good painting just because it is a hill or tree. It is lines and colors put together so that they may say something.” – Georgia O’ Keeffe.
- “There is something particularly fascinating about seeing places you know in a piece of art – be that in a film, or a photograph, or a painting.” – Sara Sheridan.
- “A fine work of art – music, dance, painting, and story – has the power to silence the chatter in the mind and lift us to another place.” – Robert McKee.
- The painter must give a completely free rein to any feeling or sensations he may have and reject nothing to which he is naturally drawn.” – Lucian Freud.
- “I believe that the great painters with their intellect as master have attempted to force this unwilling medium of paint and canvas into a record of their emotions.” – Edward Hopper.
- “A painting requires a little mystery, some vagueness, and some fantasy. When you always make your meaning perfectly plain you end up boring people.” – Edgar Degas.
- “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.”- Pablo Picasso.
- “Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “Painting is the representation of visible forms. The essence of realism is its negation of the ideal.” – Gustave Courbet.
- “If the world could remain within a frame like a painting on the wall, I think we’d see the beauty then and stand staring in awe.” – Connor Oberst.
- “It is a widely accepted notion among painters that it does not matter what one paints as long as it is well-painted. This is the essence of academicism.” – Mark Rothko.
- “I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn’t know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do.” – Bob Ross.
- “When I paint, I never think of selling. People fail to understand that we paint in order to experiment and to develop ourselves as we strive for greater heights.” – Edvard Munch.
- “Being an artist is the same as being a wizard… only instead of a wand you use a pencil for your magic.” – The Picsees.
Painting is an art that can be defined as assembling colors orderly on a solid medium. It has been practiced since dawn of civilization and world has seen many masters who created magic through paint and brush. Above mentioned 15 quotes about paintings will inspire you throughout life and show epitome of an artist’s emotions.