The foundation for understanding society can be provided with the knowledge of the law. In the current scenario, a blend of academic excellence and career-oriented education is essential. Legal education affects society positively and though teaching law is a critical task, some distinguished institutions have accepted this challenge. Sacramento City College is one such eminent institution that has fulfilled this responsibility for ages with cutting-edge law education.
Start of an Inspiring Journey
Sacramento City College (SCC) was founded in 1916 as a department of Sacramento High School. The class of first graduates being all-females and started by Belle Cooledge a woman herself was quite rare at that time and represented the empowerment of women at that time. Previously known as Sacramento Junior College, SCC is the seventh-oldest community college and the oldest institution of higher learning in California. In 1926, SCC found its permanent residence at the corner of Sutterville and Freeport.
The college has remained committed to fostering a community that celebrates diversity, nurtures personal growth, and inspires academic and economic leadership for more than 100 years now. Commonly known as “The People’s College,” SCC continues its mission of empowering students and the community through education. The college now serves more than 20,000 students at the main campus, Davis Center, and West Sacramento Center. SSC strives to provide a safe and welcoming place for learning the basics of a college education.
Building a Foundation
The main focus of SSC is building a solid foundation for students that cultivates interest and opportunities in professions like law, public relations, diplomacy, and public safety services. Intelligence analysis, criminal investigations, court service careers, and correctional services are also some of the scopes for students.
- Identify and discuss the legal framework for American institutions and systems of justice.
- Analyze, investigate, and compare ideological approaches to governmental systems.
- Critically analyze issues in public policy consistent with constitutional legal standards and mandates.
All these features are the key roles that give an upper hand to SCC as a leading institute in legal studies. As a result of which students acquire skills in critical thinking, analytical writing, and a foundational understanding of the behavioral and social sciences.
A Career in Legal Studies
Legal studies have an excellent outlook on career opportunities provided by SCC. In the legal profession, Legal Studies create opportunities as a lawyer, judge, mediator, paralegal, consultant, educator, corporate attorney, court administrator, governmental administrator, or politician. The lower-division General Education requirements are satisfied by the associate in Law, Public Policy, and Society degree courses. This provides students with a solid foundation in Law, Public Policy, and Society as well as the standard prerequisites for upper-division coursework by SCC.
Values along with Opportunities
Creating change with connection and an equitable community through contribution is the core value system that SCC exhibits while teaching to commit to something greater than self. SCC gets the best value for education while accumulating less debt, scholarship opportunities, and funds that do not have to be repaid. This enriches students with a great deal of value and affordability.
SCC places high value on being an open-access institution where students can enter with their own cultures, abilities, experiences, and languages. This leads to a huge impact on the values like equity and diversity practice among the 18000 plus SCC students.
- Hughes Stadium: Opened in 1928, his stadium has the capacity to hold up to 25,000 seated.
- Kondos Gallery: Founded by the art department chair John Matthew in 1930, the Gregory Kondos Gallery at Sacramento City College came to fruition over a half-century ago.
- McClellan Hangar: With SCC’s Aeronautics program, students can earn associate degrees or certificates in Airframe, Powerplant, Combined Airframe and Powerplant, and Flight Technology.
- Performing Arts Center: In addition to the main auditorium, the Performing Arts Center hosts the recording studio, regular classrooms, a small auditorium, and several theater-style classrooms.
Many more such facilities are provided by Sacramento City College that helps develop generations of dreams. This makes it one of the best colleges to learn and practice Law along with many other academic courses and studies.