Building historic skyscraper with upscale amenities for travelers
Hotel industry throws a lot of ideas at the wall only to facilitate guests with maximum luxury as possible. The Cambria Hotels brand, franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc. consistent to expand, officially enters the Houston market with the opening of the Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center. The 21-story with the 226-room hotel is an adaptive reuse of the iconic Great Southwest Building, formerly known as the Petroleum Building supports the brand to mark its fifth Texas location.
Located in the heart of the central business district at 1314 Texas Avenue, the Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center is among seven Cambria locations expected to open this summer in top-tier markets across the country – including the Cambria Hotel Richardson – Dallas – together representing over 1,200 upscale rooms.
Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels, said, “Cambria is rapidly expanding in the Lone Star state’s biggest markets — and Houston tops that list as one of the nation’s largest, most diverse cities. Guests who stay at the Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center will love how the hotel puts a modern twist on historic Art Deco architecture, creating a truly unique sense of place that’s sure to leave a lasting impression as they return from their business of the day.”
Designed for modern travelers
The hotel is convenient and suitable for major corporations and the region’s largest employers including Chevron Corp., JPMorgan Chase & Co., and United Airlines. The hotel is ideal to host city’s many entertainment events such as dining, culture, history, and arts offerings, including the Theatre District, Avenida Houston, Main Street, and the Historic Market Square neighborhood.
The hotel industry is committed to enhancing the customer experience. And so the tradition followed by Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center features upscale amenities that appeal to modern travelers, including:
- Sophisticated interior design and décor celebrating the city’s “collected history,” conveyed through artwork reminiscent of oil and oil rigs, as well as nods to NASA’s influence and Texas’ storied cowboy culture
- Onsite dining featuring freshly made food, local craft beer on tap, wine, specialty cocktails, and small bites
- Multi-function meeting and event space for up to 162 people on the 20th and 21st floors, offering sweeping views of the city
- Contemporary and sophisticated guest rooms, complete with modern fixtures, abundant lighting, and plush bedding
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Currently more than 40 Cambria hotels wing across the U.S. in popular cities, like Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Nashville, Tenn., New York, New Orleans, Phoenix, and Washington D.C.